Saturday, April 5, 2008

Bangkok - Nova Kitchen

Hi folks, sorry for the wait as I was in Bangkok last weekend. As promised, I will take as many pictures as possible and give you more insights about the vegetarian food available in the sunny city of Bangkok.
Vegetarian food in Bangkok is awesome! It is generally not difficult to find and most shopping centres do have a vegetarian stall available.
Today I will introduce Nova Kitchen, which is located in MBK (Mabunkrong "มาบุญครอง") Centre itself. It is easy to go there via Taxis or Skytrain. You may alight at Bangkok Skytrain (BTS) and walk there.

Nova Kitchen is located on the 6th floor. It is a small open-styled cafe that offers a vegetarian menu. So we ordered 4 dishes and sharksfin soup with rice.

This is the poster on the wall showing all the vegetarian dishes. There were more in the menu. hee.

Thai Fish Cake

The Thai Fish Cake is very spicy, but I liked it. It doesn't taste my our chewy white fish cake, but more meaty kind of taste. The usage of Thai spice is a little too much that my father and sunnietart didn't really like. I like it with sweet plum sauce as it is really authentic and unique.

Black Pepper Steak
The black pepper steak doesn't really look like "steak" as it was cut into pieces and cooked with chopped cucumbers, capsicums and carrots. A pity as I was not able to "taste" the tiny pieces of meat.
Sharkfin Soup

This tasted quite normal, with mushrooms, tofu and the fake "sharksfin" as ingredients. Can be comparable with those in SG.

Stir Fried Vegetables

This was way too saltish and had to be eaten with rice. Other than that, the standard was still quite ok and average. Remember to ask if less salt if you do order this dish!

Steamed Tofu with Pork Floss

My favourite dish of the day is the tofu. This is exactly the same as the "cold tofu" sold at LDF (see my previous review of LDF here) except that this dish is served hot. The sauce tasted good for the plain tofu. I'm still patiently waiting for LDF to reopen (which I heard would be in Chinatown). Please let me know if you have any news!

*Overall, the food at Nova Kitchen is considered normal and average. I'm happy enough to be able to find food in a foreign land! I guess the only thing to note is that, if you are a picky vegetarian, Nova Kitchen may not be the place for you as it does serve meat as well. In this case, proceed to the food court opposite for pure vegetarian food served from the stall.

Location: MBK Centre, 6th Floor, Opposite Bird Nest Shop

1 comment:

~tΣnGz~ said...

Nova Kitchen has relocated to B1