Sunday, November 30, 2008

Cambodia - Chamkar Vegetarian Restaurant

Sorry folks for the late updates! I havnt been eating out much as mummy has been cooking a lot lately. haha. Anyway, I just came back from my cambodia trip. Much to my surprise, most of the restaurants have vegetarian dishes. I guess its also because there are a lot of foreigners going to Cambodia in recent years. Hence I was quite happy to find it quite easy to find food for myself. Nonetheless, I managed to find a vegetarian resturant in Siem Reap.
Cambodians Favourite Salad USD 3.50

This is the vegetarian version of the traditional Cambodian Green Mango Salad, without fish sauce. Added delicate flavours of grilled peanuts and herbs. You would need to notify them if you do not want garlic in this dish. Franny liked this dish as it is good blend of sour and sweet taste.

Infinite Medley USD 4

This is a sweet lemongrass curry with a medley of eggplants. Im not really an eggplant lover, but this dish tasted similar to the Thai green curry whereby it is sweet rather than spicy. Nonetheless, we were given chili padi which is really spicy. You may also add beansprouts, long beans and rice vermicelli.

Vegetarian Oysters USD 5


This is my favourite dish for the night. Stir-fried oyster mushrooms with fresh herbs and beansprouts. It is very chewy and tasty with the mixed rice (white and brown). Definitely a mushroom surprise.

Mango Fruit Shake USD 1.75

Fruit shakes are must trys in Cambodia. This Mango fruit shake is really fresh.

All in all, it is relatively easy to find food in cambodia, however, you would need to remind them not to use fish sauce.


Location: Siem Reap Angkor, The Passage - Old Market

Opening Hours: 11am to 11pm; Tel: 092 733 150

Email: chamkar@gmail.com

No comments: