Sunday, November 14, 2010

Ru Lai Vegetarian Food @ AMK

There are 2 stalls of the same name located in the hawker centre. I have no idea if they are owned by the same owners though. The special part of this stall is that it only sells Dry Mee instead of our usual vegetarian Fried bee hoon. I was really surprised as there are queues at this stall. Even my sister raves about it and at one time she went almost every other weekend for breakfast.

Stall Front

The owners sell nothing but only Dried noodles. I'm calling it dried noodles as there isnt any wantons or veg minced meat in this dish.

Dried Thick Bee Hoon $2.50

I decided to try this for breakfast as I usually will have this thick bee hoon in laksa. The ingredients comprise of mushrooms, vegetables, Mock duck slices and the fried goose. I guess the draw for this is the fried goose which many people like it in their bee hoon. Some call it "crispy", which is basically made of beancurd skin. Nothing exceptionally special about this, as the sauce mix was just okay. I personally liked the yellow bean soup that is simmered over long hours.

Location: Blk 226D, Ang Mo Kio Street 22, Food Centre, Stall #01- 105

Opens till early afternoon, daily.

*Do note of Long Queues on the 1st and 15th of the lunar month*

No comments: